RSVP to the event here: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/UT_Southwestern/s/a0ZZW/g6nrq
1. Provide patient care under the direction of nursing staff being certain to only perform tasks in which training and/or competency has been validated.
2. Collect, monitor, and document pertinent data relating to patient fuctioning and care to include but not limited to: intake and output, weight, temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure. Recognizes and immediately reports values outside normal parameters to the nurse.
3. Perform patient rounding being sure to report any changes in a patient’s condition or behavior immediately to the nurse. Seeks assistance and guidance as needed to ensure that patient care is delivered in a safe, high quality and effective manner at all times.
4. Assess, identify, and monitor environmental, patient, and the patient’s family needs in a respectful, positive, and timely manner to achieve satisfaction.
5. Perform basic hygiene care in accordance with the Department of Nursing policies, procedures and unit standards to include but not limited to pericare, oral care, daily hygiene, linen changes, skin changes, and foley care .
6. Transfer and transport patients in accordance with policies and procedures with specific consideration to age-specific and safety needs.
7. Resolve patient concerns by initiating service recovery and immediately escalating patient, family, visitors and staff concerns through the chain of command.
8. Build meaning and sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication with members of the healthcare team.
9. Prepare, update, and disseminate reports at the change of shift and when changes are noted in the patient’s condition.
10. Support the administrative and clinical operations of assigned practice environment.
11. Orient new staff and students to work areas. Collaborates with other nursing staff and hospital employees to create an environment that is conducive to the retention of qualified personnel.
12. Utilize downtime to assist others and/or to provide additional supportive measures to patients and/or patients’ families within the respective patient care environment. Completes other duties as assigned. Performs in the role of sitter as needed, documents as required.
13. Mandatory education requirements are 100%, less than 100% will net a score of NI. Staff meeting attendance requirement 75%, less than 75% will net a score of NI and more than 75% will net a score of EE. Attendance is required at the PCT educational updates, attending 50-89% will meet standards, 49% or less will earn a score of NI and 90% or more will earn a score of EE. Verified Skype attendance to meetings is acceptable with approval from Unit Manager.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.