Human Resources Associate
Location(s): Warrendale, PA
This position provides overall support, administration and guidance to SAE's Human Resource Department and the organization overall. The role serves as lead coordinator for assigned programs and committees such as the Social Outreach Committee (SOC), Awards Committee, Facilitation team and leadership of the service awards program.
PRIMARY DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Benefit Programs: Administer and/or manage assigned aspects of the benefit programs (medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability, etc.) including but not limited to all benefit invoicing, processing employee changes, auditing enrollment data, assisting in annual open enrollment process, conducting all new hire benefit orientations, administering COBRA and FMLA completing all benefit termination paperwork, providing first line point of contact for our customers, overseeing escalated employee benefit issues with providers and broker, ensure compliance with all benefit related auditing and reporting. Coordinate with Finance and Procurement to ensure accurate budgeting of benefits and correct payments. Ensure appropriate, staff engaging communications on needed topics.
- Provide overall support to the organization's learning management system, Cornerstone. Ensure prompt and appropriate information is in the system regarding training, evaluations and other key mechanisms for effective staff training. Assist with preparing other administrative staff, external partners or staff conducting training on how to set-up video conference, Webex, Teams or other needs.
- Provide effective and streamlined administrative support and guidance to the HR department, the organization overall and various committees (SOC Chair, Awards, others.) This includes participating in meetings, brainstorming ideas, managing budgets, negotiating costs for venues and handling proper follow-up. Ensure pro-active and positive communication to leadership and staff.
- Ensure all communications to the organization are handled in a positive, engaging and pro-active manner. Lead the development and maintenance of communication venues such as bulletin boards, SAEnet, the Bulletin or other future forums.
- Provide administrative support and assist where needed to the HR department via Netsuites purchase orders and other Financial Services requirements. Pro-actively assist the CHRO with scheduling, travel arrangements, special projects, Trustee interaction and other assignments. Manage all aspects of employee files.
- Serve as staffing back-up by leading certain recruiting functions such as contracting temporaries, interns, consultants and the STAR program. Administer and communicate the organization's Tuition Reimbursement Program. This includes staff communication, budget preparation, preparing forms and partnering with payroll when needed.
- Staff Interaction: Carry our HR strategy and serve as a pro-active, trusted business partner to specific Business Units. Use various tactics to connect and engage with managers and staff in various groups such as attend staff meetings, participate in training or other events, interact regularly with business unit manager. Share ideas and best practices with HR team.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Administrative or related field preferred. Associates degree in HR, Business Management, Administrative or related field required.
- 3+ years experience in human resources or executive administration or 5+ years experience with an Associates degree
- Experience with Health & Welfare, Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit plans
- HRIS experience, required
- CEBS certification, desired
- PHR or SPHR certification, desired
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGEAND SKILLS:
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines, required
- Excellent relationship building with customer-focused skills, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a detail-oriented nature, required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, required
- Ability to maintain and respect the importance of confidentiality, required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills, required
- Strong computer skills, including HRIS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft products, required
- Strong employee relations skills, required
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential information in a professional manner, required
- Mathematical aptitude and strong analytical skills, required
- Working knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations, required
- Strong project management experience
- Strong negotiation skills, preferred
- Ability to travel 10% on an as-needed basis, desired
- May be required to lift 5 lbs